The Internet is an essential part of our life and existence without the internet can’t be envisioned. In today’s world, social networking is playing an essential role in everybody’s life. Internet helps a user in social networking, online shopping, data transfer with ease etc. With networking emerging at a great pace user needs a Router and most preferable Netgear Wi-Fi router. A router is a hardware and networking device which is designed to receive, analyze and move data packets along/across the computer network. In technical words, Router is Layer-3 device which acts as a gateway, the place where multiple networks are connected. In today’s technically advanced world, there are multiple router brands available and you can choose one out of the box.
Netgear is a leader in providing breakthrough technology for home as well as for corporate Router networking needs. NETGEAR Routers at its initial level have some security configurations which save your network from attacks. There are multiple Netgear routers available and NETGEAR nighthawk R-7500-200 ANS series is best of all available.
Once you are done with your router selection, you need to setup/install your router. For installing a router, you need to follow below steps:
- Take out your router out of the box.
- Power on the Router.
- Light starts blinking on the router.
- Interface your router to the modem/internet line and furthermore associate the router with the gadgets either remotely or wired connection.
Note: When devices associate properly, lights on the router starts blinking appropriately and always remember not to proceed before lights become green and stable.
- Get to your computer device and open any of the browsers available.
- Type URL www.routerlogin.net or www.routerlogin.com in URL tab. You can also type LOGIN IP 192.168.1.1.
- This step will take you to router login page and will demand username and password over there.
- For security reasons, the router has credentials and you need to type username as admin and password as the password.
Note: These credentials are case-sensitive.
- You will be redirected to the NETGEAR Router page.
- The first thing you ought to do is refresh your Router firmware as it can provide you the best services.
- Now once you logged in, this will open a Netgear Router Admin page from where you can change all wireless and Router settings.
- Now to Configure Netgear Router, Go to Advanced > Setup Wizard > Next. This will scan and collect all the details regarding your Internet connection. Once done, you will see Configuration.
- Here, you can change username (SSID) and password (secret key).
- Apply changes.
Once you are done with router setup, you need to secure your network in order to resist attacks in your networks. Encrypted security is way to secure your network. Encrypted security is WPA2 and PSK. These are running for the most part on the majority of the gadgets now. You should empower WPA2 and PSK for the Wi-Fi security. You should utilize refreshed security dependably. You have to apply a hard-secret key for WPA2 and PSK encrypted security to make the Wi-Fi more secure.
For the Wi-Fi association, you should utilize a hard-secret phrase. You have to utilize a basic secret word for Wi-Fi association more secure. The hard-secret word for Wi-Fi is essential. You can utilize a device for making a secret word. You can make a troublesome secret word for the Wi-Fi association. You can make the secret word independent from anyone else with letters, numbers and images mix. For building a hard- secret key, you have to utilize upper and little case letters in the secret key. The secret word will be 11 digits in length in any event.
By default, password protection is switched-off on every new NETGEAR ROUTER which can motivate attackers to attack into your network. In order to protect your password using WPA you can follow below mentioned steps:
- Visit www.routerlogin.com or www.routerlogin.net using any of the available Web browsers or you can type in LOGIN IP 192.168.1.1
- You will be redirected to NETGEAR Router Setup Window.
- Type username as admin and password as password but always remember these credentials are case-sensitive.
- Visit ‘Wireless settings’ on the left side of the setup window.
- Type username and password again.
- Search for security settings out there and click on WPA-PSK radio button.
- Under Security encryption search for the passphrase.
- Enter passphrase value that could be any of two available:
- The passphrase may either be a string of 64 hexadecimal digits.
- Word/phrase of 8-63 each ASCII character.
- Keep a note of these settings for further references.
- Apply changes.
This is one of the security applications you can use. WEP is another method, which is discussed below:
- Visit www.routerlogin.com or www.routerlogin.net using any of the available Web browsers.
- Type username as admin and password as password but remember these credentials are case-sensitive.
- Search for Wireless Settings under Setup.
- Under Security Options, select WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy).
- From Security Encryption (WEP) > Authentication Type, select Automatic.
- From Security Encryption (WEP) > Encryption Strength, select 64-bit or 128-bit.
Note: You will need to configure your wireless computers with the same setting.
- From Security Encryption (WEP) Key, select Key 1 and enter a key.
- WEP keys are entered in hexadecimal digits, which are any combination of 0-9, A-F.
- If you select 64-bit under Security Encryption (WEP) > Encryption Strength, then enter 10 hexadecimal digits for your key.
- If you select 128-bit under Security Encryption (WEP) > Encryption Strength, then enter 26 hexadecimal digits for your key.
- Save or keep a note of these values. They will be required to connect wirelessly to your network
- Apply changes.
These settings remain the same for every Netgear Internet Router. Always remember that you can enable or configure any one of these two-security encryption level (WPA, WEP).
Once you are done with security association, you need to update firmware routinely in order to get access to new features and non-stop internet connectivity. Netgear releases updates regularly so that users won’t face any issues with network connectivity. You need to follow below steps to update your firmware:
- Launch a web browser on your computer device.
- Type in URL www.routerlogin.com or www.routerlogin.net in URL tab.
- You will be prompted to username and password window and then you need to provide these credentials. Username is admin and password are a password but always remember that these credentials are case-sensitive.
- Search for ADVANCED and then select Administration over there.
- Check for either Netgear Router Update or Firmware Update option.
- Click Check to check whether there are any firmware updates available.
- The router will now look for any firmware update if there is any available. If a firmware update is available, then a message will display asking you if you wish to download and install the update. Click Yes to download and install the update.
The router will now begin refreshing its firmware. It, as a rule, takes several minutes for the router to refresh the firmware. It is prescribed that the refresh procedure isn’t hindered at any rate as it will degenerate the router and render it unusable. After the firmware has been refreshed, the client can begin utilizing their router as they want.
Chances may arise that you forgot your credentials or have done wrong settings. In this case, you may need to reset your router. Follow below steps to reset the router:
- Locate the Reset button at the back of the Netgear Router. It might be referred to as Reset or Restore Factory Settings.
- Using a paper clip or something similar, press the reset button and hold it for about ten seconds.
- After holding the reset button for about ten seconds, release the button.
- The LED lights on the router will now start blinking.
- Once the power light on the router becomes green and stable, the factory reset is complete.
The reset restores the router back to its factory default settings. The user can then log in to their router using the default information of the router again. The user can now log in to the router using the default information of the router and go on to reconfigure it suitable to their needs.
This looks easy for any technical person but for any non-technical background, it looks complicated. For that population, users can contact their brand manufacturer for NETGEAR customer support or NETGEAR tech support.
Please be noted that Netgear Wifi Extenders can be used to uplift the signal strength of your routers. Extenders have become equally important as routers in the modern day.
You can also reach Support for Netgear Router at www.router-loginnet.com. You can also chat with us. We don’t keep our customer in the queue and resolve your issues instantly.