This is becoming a very popular topic in today’s technology market. You will get multiple articles on this particular topic. I will provide you step by step assistance related to Netgear extender in this blog. Firstly, we should know What is a Netgear Extender? Netgear Extender is a networking device which helps users to increase their router’s coverage area. Usually in home/enterprise networks, due to the large serving area, router’s signal strength decreases and if users don’t get good signal strength, it will simultaneously decrease the quality of work at their workplace. Netgear extender helps in amplifying the router’s signal strength so that it can cover the larger area. Some may think that How this device operates? I will provide answers to all such questions in this blog!!
Extender has two antennas in its physical structure. One antenna is used for receiving the signal from the router and after internal processing, the amplified signal is transmitted from another antenna. This method turns “dead zone” into “fun zone”. One thing to remember here is that extender is a passive device and it doesn’t have its own signal generation property so, keep extender in router’s coverage area in order to allow extender to receive continuous signals. Now we know what is extender and how it works…
Next step is How to make this device useful? How to Setup Netgear Extender? This includes multiple steps. Firstly, you need to connect extender to the router and then make it work as Wi-Fi extender. So, let’s start with first step i.e connect extender to the router. For this you just need to follow below-mentioned steps:
1. Connect Netgear extender to the power supply.
2. Turn the WPS button on the router and immediately switch on the WPS button on Extender.
3. Now, light on router and extender should blink green and turn stable within 2 minutes. If not then try again until it becomes solid green.
4. Now you would be able to see signal strength on your wireless signal indicator. If not, then the WPS process fails and you need to perform it again.
5. Now you can place Netgear extender anywhere in router’s coverage area.
Now after this process you need to follow below-provided steps to configure it and make it ready to be used with other networking devices.
1. Connect your computer to Netgear Wi-Fi extender using Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 standards.
2. Open any of the browsers available on your computer.
3. Type www.mywifiext.net in the URL tab.
4. You will be prompted to the extender login page.
5. You will be asked for username and password there. Username is admin and Password is password and always remember these credentials are case-sensitive.
6. Now follow same setup wizard as of your router’s setup wizard to change the username, password, wireless settings, etc..
7. Apply changes.
8. Connect all your devices to extender using Wi-Fi again.
This completes Netgear extender Setup and now you can enjoy your network’s flexibility. You have increased router’s coverage area hence, you can sit at a great feasible distance of your router.
If you still face any issues related to the Netgear extender, you can contact your product’s brand manufacturer for Extender Customer Support or Netgear Extender Technical Support. They will help you free of cost if you are still covered under their policies.
If you can’t resolve your issues with your brand manufacturer, you can contact Support for Netgear Extender at routernetlogin.com. They have experts of Netgear router and extenders in their team who can resolve your issues without any delay. They also won’t keep you in the queue and provides you with multiple methods of communication. They ensure that you don’t face the same issue in the near distant future.