There are multiple ways to make it possible:
- Extending the network.
- Upgrade your router.
- Using Home plug Adapters.
- Using a wireless Repeater or Range Extender.
Using wireless Repeaters or Range extenders is a very effective method to extend your Wi-Fi coverage.
Wireless Repeaters are a Wi-Fi booster which receives existing signal and boosts it before retransmitting. Router Extenders increment the inclusion scope of your web and additionally grows its quality in non-inclusion zones by interweaving to routers remotely. A repeater utilizes a large portion of its interior receiving antennas to get a wireless signal and the other half to transmit boosted signal – adequately dividing the potential speed of the original Wi-Fi signal. Extenders transform into Internet access points. Once introduced, you can associate all your hardware with it.
There are multiple extenders available but Netgear Range Extender AC2200 series is one of the best available in the market today. Once, you have the item in your insight, the following stage is to setup/introduce that gadget for your utilization.
Setup/Installation of the New Netgear Wi-Fi Range Extender:
- Plug-in your Netgear extender device to power and Turn it ON.
- Place it nearby your Netgear Internet Router for better performance and good signal strength.
- Once powered, the green light on extender starts blinking and will become stable within 2 minutes.
- Make the connection of your Extender with Netgear Wi-Fi router using WPS.
- Now, Press WPS button found on the extender for the minimum of 2 minutes, soon the Netgear Extender will be connected to the Netgear Router.
As soon as you are done with device setup, you need to configure it by following below steps:
- Connect your wireless device to your Wi-Fi Range Extender.
- Open any browser.
- Type in www.mywifiext.net to configure your device.
- Log in with your default username and password.
- Go to settings and then select wireless and configure everything you want to, such as secret key, Extender name etc
This process is known as New Extender Login Setup.
If you have changed your password before and have forgotten the changed password, then you need to follow the steps below to recover the password:
- Use a computer or wireless device that is connected to your Wi-Fi Range Extender via ethernet or wireless connection.
- Open any browser on that device.
- In the address bar of that browser, type www.mywifiext.net or 192.168.1.250 i. e your Netgear extender login IP.
- Log in with your Username and Password.
- Go to settings and then select wireless.
- Under General, search for Wi-Fi Password. In the event that it says Same as existing system secret word, it is utilizing indistinguishable Wi-Fi secret phrase from your principle Wi-Fi router but if it says Use an alternate secret phrase, it will demonstrate the sort of secret phrase under Security Type and the Network Key.