Netgear Wi-Fi extender is very popular in today’s technically advanced world. Along with Setup Netgear Wi-Fi Extender, you should also know how to use and connect to Netgear extender. Before this, we should know What is a Netgear Wi-Fi extender?? Netgear Wi-Fi extender is a networking device which converts dead zone into the fun zone that means it increases router’s coverage area by enhancing its signal strength and hence you would start receiving signals in the area where you were unable to browse anything over the internet before. There are many extender vendors in today’s market and has their pre-defined features. Understanding features are very important for selecting correct Wi-Fi extender that is fit for your use. I am listing down some of the known features which you need to look for:
- Size of the location: You need to take the size of the location into consideration as larger the location, better the extender will be required.
- Network wiring: Every business has Ethernet wire run through the establishment. In the case like that, a Wi-Fi extender that has Ethernet connections would be optimal to let the extended Wi-Fi network to tap directly into the wired network.
- Building Materials: Materials used for making building affects the signal quality most. Signal attenuation is very popular in case of building materials.
- Networking devices: There are many networking devices installed in extender environment and this may cause signal attenuation also.
Keeping these multiple affecting factors in mind, I would suggest you target Netgear Wi-Fi extender N1200. It not only covers a larger area but also reduces signal attenuation. It comes in your budget so you can afford this device easily. When you want to make a good and effective network, money should not be a deciding factor. This device is very interesting…
Some may think that How this interesting device works?? This device is like two people are standing over the same platform, one with a low voice and other with a higher voice. The one with lower voice is transmitting its packets to higher voice person and then those packets are being transmitted to the general public by that person. Netgear extender works the same way. In Netgear extender scenario lower voice person is Router and higher voice person is the Extender. You just need to setup and configure this device within router’s coverage area and now starts the work of Netgear Wi-Fi extender. This device receives router’s signal from one of its receiving antennae and after internal processing, transmits enhanced signal in all the available directions. This gives you an idea about how this device works? Now we should understand how to connect to this device? You just need to follow below mentioned steps:
- Install Wi-Fi extender:
- Provide power supply to the device.
- Switch on the WPS button on the router and extender.
- Wait for light on the router and extender to turn solid green and stable.
- Place extender in router’s coverage area.
Configure Wi-Fi extender:
a. If you have an ethernet port on your device:
- Connect your computer to extender using the ethernet cable.
- Open any of the web browsers available on your computer.
- Type mywifiext.net in the URL tab.
- You would be prompted for a username and password. Username is admin and password is password. (NOTE: These credentials are case-sensitive)
- You would be prompted to Netgear web management page.
- Go to Setup>Wireless settings.
- Put in password under security options.
- Click Apply.
- Apply changes.
b.If you don’t have an ethernet port on your device:
- Connect your computer to extender using Wi-Fi.
- Login to Netgear web management page by putting mywifiext.net in the URL tab of any of the browsers available.
- Netgear router login page will appear and ask you for the username and password. Username is admin and password is password. (NOTE: These credentials are case-sensitive)
- Follow the same setup wizard steps listed above.
- Apply changes.
This completed Netgear Wi-Fi extender understanding, Setup, configuration. Now you can browse the internet from the previously known dead zone of your premise.
If you still face issues, you can read user’s manual or can contact your brand manufacturer for Netgear Extender Technical support or Netgear Extender customer support. They would help you free of cost if you are covered under their pre-defined policies.
If you are unable to resolve your issues with your product’s brand manufacturer, you can contact Support for Netgear extender at www.routernetlogin.com. We have experts in our team who will help you instantly. You can contact us over chat or can drop us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and our team would revert you back with the solution over the same medium. For better assistance drop us a brief introduction about your problem.